CPR and First Aid
CPR and first aid training can help you protect yourself and others in emergency situations.
Reasons to get CPR Training:
1. By the time someone needs CPR they are dead. Their heart has stopped and they are no longer breathing. CPR at this point can only help a person until professionals arrive at the scene.
2. Being helpless in a crisis situation presents a horrible feeling. When the victim is a friend or family member you will want to know what you can do to help. Knowing CPR can be crucial in a life or death situation. CPR training will also teach you what not to do in an emotional situation. For example, sometimes it's best not to move an injured person.
3. CPR training teaches you how to handle a situation where you need to take control and give commands.
4. CPR training teaches you how to use a defibrillator. Defibrillators can be located in many public spaces such as community centers, swimming pools and senior centers, but are useless unless there are people around who are trained to use them.
5. CPR training will teach you how to keep yourself safe in an emergency situation. In an adverse situation, you need to know how to quickly analyze the scene for your own safety.
Being trained in CPR is crucial for anyone. More trained citizens means a safer and faster acting community.
The Vietnamese American Community Center offers mass workshops for emergency training. It's definitely worth your time!